Air Horizont is committed to respecting your privacy and protecting your personal data.
All personal data we collect is held and used in accordance with this Policy, with the Data Protection Act of Malta (Chapter 440 of the Laws of Malta), as amended and applicable (" DPA "), and the GDPR . Air Horizont LTD is considered a data controller for the purposes of the DPA and the GDPR.
When we ask you to provide certain personal data, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this Policy. This Policy applies to your personal data that we collect, use and otherwise process in connection with your relationship with us as a customer or potential customer, including when you travel with us or use our other services, use our websites or mobile applications, agent services or call centers and book to use our services through third parties (such as agents and other operators). However, we are not responsible for the use of your personal data by third parties where such use is permitted for their own purposes and you should consult their privacy policies for more information.
Your continued access to or use of any of our services or products or your purchase of any of our services or products after any changes or modifications to this Policy shall constitute your consent to such changes or modifications.
Please read this Policy carefully, as your access, purchase or use of any of our services or products constitutes your agreement to all of the terms and practices described in this Policy, including but not limited to the collection, use, processing and disclosure of your personal data as described in this Policy. Do not access or use any of our services or products or purchase any of our services or products if you do not agree with any part of this Policy.
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy or its implementation, we invite you to contact us at email@example.com.
What types of personal data do we collect?
We collect personal data about you, about your travel arrangements, about how you use our services and products, and about how you use our websites, call centers and mobile applications, and such personal data collected includes, but is not limited to:
- Your first and last name.
- Contact information including residential address, e-mail address, telephone number and fax number.
- Your date of birth, nationality and passport information when you book a flight with us.
- Personal description and photograph (including passport and other identification documents) when you book a flight with us.
- Personal tastes (e.g., food and beverages) and dietary requirements.
- Medical condition (e.g., allergies for restorative purposes and disabilities).
- Information about your travel arrangements, such as details of your reservations, travel itinerary, details of any additional assistance you require and other information related to your travel with us.
- Information about the services we have provided to you in the past, including your past travel arrangements, such as flights and other reservations, and related matters, such as upgrades, etc.
- Information about your use of our websites, call centers and mobile applications, including information about the pages you visit.
- Information about your interactions with us and our staff.
- Information to improve our services, fulfill our administrative purposes and protect our business interests, including: accounting, billing and auditing, credit card or other payment card verification, fraud detection (including information received from outside banks and other credit and credit rating institutions.) ), security, safety and legal purposes, statistical and marketing analysis, testing, systems maintenance and development; and.
- Other information that we may require to fulfill obligations arising from any contract entered into between you and us, and/or to conduct customer surveys and/or offers.
This personal data may include information you provide to us directly or through companies or agents we work with, as well as information we collect when you use our products or services.
When and why do we collect "sensitive personal data"?
Certain categories of personal data, such as data relating to race, ethnicity, religion or health, are considered "sensitive personal data" under the DPA and the GDPR. Generally, we try to limit the circumstances in which we process sensitive personal data. However, this may occasionally occur because:
- has requested specific medical assistance from us and/or an airport operator, such as the provision of wheelchair or oxygen assistance or,
- you have requested our authorization to fly with a medical condition or because you are pregnant, or,
- Otherwise, you have chosen to provide such information to us (or to a third party, such as the agent or broker through whom you made your booking).
In addition, you may have made other requests in connection with your travel arrangements that may possibly imply or suggest something about you that could be considered "sensitive personal data". For example, if you request a particular type of special meal, this may imply or suggest that you have particular religious beliefs or a particular medical condition.
By providing any personal data that is, or may be considered, "sensitive personal data", you explicitly agree that we may collect, use, share with third parties and transfer outside the European Economic Area this Personal Data, as described in this Policy .
If you withdraw your consent, it may mean that we will not be able to provide all or part of the products or services you have requested from us. Please note that in these circumstances you will not be able to cancel or obtain a refund of any fees you have paid.
What do we use your personal data for?
We store, handle, send and generally process personal data to provide you with the best service and, in particular, for the following reasons:
- We will need to use the personal data to fulfill your request and provide you with your flight if you choose to fly with us. This will include passing your personal data to relevant authorities, such as passport control and border agencies and, where appropriate, to relevant law enforcement and customs authorities. We may also need to contact you if we have questions about your application;
- To answer general questions you may have from time to time about our services;
- To ensure that you or any passenger is not subject to or targeted by any law or regulation for economic or commercial sanction or travel ban;
- For accounting and billing purposes, immigration and customs control, health and safety, security and legal compliance;
- To carry out obligations and/or enforce rights arising out of any contract entered into between you and us;
- For internal record keeping and general administration of your records by us;
- For security purposes to protect your personal data that we hold and/or process;
- To train our employees to provide you with our services and products;
- For statistical analysis;
- To improve our products and services;
- For our general marketing purposes, where you have notified us that you consent to receive information about us and our services, products and offers;
- From time to time, we may also use your personal data to communicate with you to solicit feedback on our services and the services of third party providers to assist us in their improvement and development.
Notwithstanding the foregoing:
We will use your personal data to fulfill your travel arrangements and provide you with the services you have requested. This may include processing information about travel arrangements which are not provided by us but which nevertheless form part of your overall travel, such as details of your airport arrangements and customs and immigration formalities.
Please also note that at some airports where we operate, facial recognition and related biometric technology is used to facilitate passenger boarding.
We may use your personal data to provide you with services tailored to your needs and to treat you in a more personal way, for example:
- to send messages and information that we believe is relevant and may be of interest to you, before, during and after your trip with us
- to customize and personalize your travel experience
We may use and retain your personal data, including your purchase history, for administrative purposes, which may include, for example, accounting and billing, auditing, credit card or other payment verification, fraud detection (including the use of credit reference agency searches and payment card validation checks), immigration and customs control, security, safety, security, health, administrative and legal purposes and systems testing, maintenance and development.
With whom do we share your personal data?
Your personal data may be disclosed to a third party that acquires us or substantially all of our assets.
We may also share some of your personal data or obtain your personal data from the following categories of third parties:
- Airports, government authorities, law enforcement agencies and regulators when necessary to get you to your destination or required by law. and regulators when necessary to get you to your destination or as required by law. For example, for specific travel routes, we are required by law to provide border control agencies with information regarding your travel documents and travel itinerary.
- Travel agents or other companies through which you book your Air Horizont flights
- Vendors who provide services to us to help us manage our business and improve our services and your customer experience. For example, we may share your personal information with companies that provide ground services to us at the airports where we operate. We may also disclose your information to our contact center or to companies that help us get your feedback on our services. At Air Horizont, we carefully select our suppliers who process your personal data on our behalf and require that they meet high security standards. for the protection of your personal data.
- Credit and Debit Card Companies
Air Horizont shares some of your personal information, which includes information about your payment method and flight reservation, with the credit or debit card company that issued the card you used to make your reservation. To ensure the security of your transactions and to prevent or detect fraudulent transactions, we may also share your information with our fraud detection partner.
- Our partners who offer travel-related products and services on our website, promote offers or co-host contests on our website.
From time to time, we make available certain offers from third parties through our website or publish contests co-organized by third parties. If you choose to purchase products or services offered on our websites by third parties (e.g., car rentals), accept offers or enter a contest, some of your personal information, such as your contact details and billing information, may be collected directly by or disclosed to that third party.
In addition to the parties mentioned above, we may disclose your personal data when required to do so by the law of any jurisdiction to which Air Horizont may be subject.
Air Horizont and other airlines are required by laws of various countries to provide border control agencies and other public authorities with access to booking and travel information and other personal data (including data obtained from official photo identification documents). Therefore, any information we have about you and your travel arrangements may be disclosed to customs, immigration and public authorities of any country in your itinerary.
In addition, the laws of several countries require Air Horizont and other airlines to collect passport and associated information from all passengers prior to travel to or from those countries. When necessary, Air Horizont will provide this information to the appropriate customs and immigration authorities.
When do we collect personal data about you?
We collect personal data about you when you use our services or products (whether provided directly by us or by another company or agent), when you travel with us, and when you use our website, call centers or mobile applications. The following are examples of when we collect personal data about you:
- when you book or search for a flight or other products or services on our website or mobile applications;
- when you book or search for a flight or other products or services through our other sales channels, such as through a travel agent
- when communicating with our call centers or service agents or sales representatives
- when you travel with us and use the airports where we operate
- if you use the salon facilities provided by us or our agents
- if you use our in-flight communication and entertainment services
- if you complete a customer survey or provide us with feedback
- if you participate in a contest or sign up for a promotion
- if you choose to interact with us through social networks, such as Facebook.
In addition, we may receive personal data about you from third parties, such as:
- companies contracted by us to provide you with services
- Companies involved in your travel plans, including relevant airport operators and customs and immigration authorities.
- Companies (e.g., car rental suppliers and hotels) that participate in our programs.
To improve our services, provide you with more relevant content and analyze how visitors use our website and application, we may use technologies such as cookies, pixels or tracking software. Please note that in most cases we will not be able to identify you from the information we collect using these technologies.
For example, we use software to monitor customer traffic patterns and website usage to help us develop the design and layout of the website to improve the experience of our website visitors. This software does not allow us to collect any personal data. In addition, to understand how our customers interact with the emails and content we send, we use pixels that allow us to know whether the emails we send are opened or whether the content of our emails is displayed in text or html format. .
When will we send you marketing communications?
You may receive marketing communications from us if you have opted to receive such material.
We may use third parties to send marketing communications on our behalf. If we ever want to allow a third party to send you direct marketing unrelated to Air Horizont, we will first ask your permission before sharing your data with them.
If you have previously agreed to our use of your information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by changing your preferences and opting out or by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. .
Security, storage and transfer
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure at all times. We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal data we collect online.
All our employees and suppliers with access to your personal data and/or who are associated with the processing of such data are contractually obliged to respect the confidentiality of your personal data. For example, if you are a passenger on a flight operated by us, you can be assured that none of our crew will take a photo of you while you are on our aircraft and then upload the photo to social media, nor disclose it to anyone. person the fact that you are flying on our aircraft, nor disclose any confidential information about you that they may become aware of during your flight (in each case, unless disclosure is necessary for any reason set forth in this Policy).
Your personal data will be stored and processed by our systems and may also be stored and processed by systems of an external data processor designated by us. The personal data we collect from you may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area (" EEA "). It may also be processed by employees operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. These employees may be engaged in, among other things, the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy, the DPA and the GDPR (as applicable), all applicable European Union regulations and all applicable data protection laws. applicable to Air Horizont, and we will also ensure that there is a written agreement between us and each such company containing data protection obligations that are no less onerous than those set out in this Policy, the DPA and the GDPR, to ensure that your personal data is adequately protected.
We will retain your personal data for as long as we need it for the purpose for which it is processed. For example, when you book a flight with us, we will retain information relating to your booking so that we can fulfill the specific travel arrangements you have made and, thereafter, we will retain the information for a period to enable us to handle or respond to any complaints, queries or concerns relating to the booking. The information may also be retained so that we can continue to improve your experience with us and to ensure that you receive the loyalty rewards due to you.
We will actively review the information we hold and securely delete it, or in some cases anonymize it, when there is no longer a legal, business or customer need to retain it.
Transmission of information through the Internet
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Services; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Links to third party websites
Our websites, online services and mobile applications may, from time to time, contain links to and from websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services. You are advised to check these policies before submitting any personal data to these websites or using these services.
We may monitor or record telephone conversations to enhance your and our safety, to enable us to handle complaints efficiently, to improve our customer service and for staff training purposes. If your telephone conversation with us will be recorded, you will receive a message to that effect before you begin your conversation with us.
Providing information about another person
If you provide us with personal data about another person, you confirm that you have appointed them to act on your behalf, to consent to the processing of their personal data, and that you have informed them of our identity, this Policy, and the purposes (as set out in this Policy) for which their personal data will be processed.
How to access, review, transfer and delete your personal data
We will make your personal information available for review pursuant to a simple request from you. If you tell us that personal data we hold about you is incorrect or used inappropriately, we will correct, update or delete such personal data as appropriate. You also have other rights, such as the right to ask us to delete personal data or to request portability of personal data or restriction of processing, or to object to processing. For information on how to access your personal data and exercise your rights, please contact us at. email@example.com
Complaint, applicable law and jurisdiction
Any dispute arising out of or relating to the acceptance, interpretation or enforcement of this Policy shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent Court of Malta, which shall apply the laws of Malta; provided that:
1. any dispute relating to Air Horizont shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent Court of Malta, which shall apply the laws of Malta; and,
If this Policy is incorporated by reference into a contract that has its own choice of law and jurisdiction, then any dispute arising out of or relating to the acceptance, interpretation or enforcement of this Policy shall be subject to the jurisdiction of and subject to the law applicable to that contract.
You also have the right to file a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Further details of your rights can be accessed on the website of the Office of the Information and Data Protection Commissioner of Malta at: https://idpc.gov.mt
and on the European Commission's website at:
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information that are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize the device you are using and provide you with a better website experience.
Cookies perform many different functions, such as allowing you to navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences and generally improving your user experience. They can also help ensure that the ads you see online are more relevant to you and your interests. Cookies themselves do not identify the individual user, only the computer or mobile device you are using through a randomly generated ID tag.
- Allow progression through the booking process to ensure you have a seamless booking experience on airhorizont.com.
- Provide information that can help us understand what interested you about our website and emails and what did not. This helps us provide you with more personalized features and more relevant information on subsequent visits.
- To record information such as aspects of your last flight search to expedite subsequent searches and also to allow us to tailor airmalta.com to your preferences.
- Measure the effectiveness of our advertising and how visitors use our site.
How to manage or reject cookies
If you choose not to allow airhorizont.com to be a "trusted site", please note that you will not be able to use the site and will have to call our call center to continue booking your flight.